Friday, July 31, 2015

New Zealand: week 7- July 24-30

Friday July 24
I worked another long shift. My poor lil feet & knees were tired. It was a good night though. I got to work with the other newbie who was hired at the same time as me. She dyed her hair purple & it made me sad because my pink has all but faded away. It's like this weird neon color that I should really fix. But, ya know, money. No late night bus weirdos to report.


Saturday July 25
Today was a short day for me at work. This was great because I had to get home & get ready pretty quickly because after we picked Emerald up from work, we went to help set up for a 21st birthday party. 21 used to be a big milestone birthday because that's when you became legal for everything, but since everything was moved down to 18 it's not as big of a deal but they still have big parties for it. The one last Friday & tonight seemed like they were more family orientated rather than just friends partying & acting crazy. Anyway, so the theme was sports & dinner consisted of lamb, salad, & coleslaw. There was also an apple berry crumble. I helped get food prepared & cleaned. The family hosting the party is super nice & so were the few other people I got to meet as well.


Sunday July 26
I didn't have to work until a bit later. I was glad because I got to sleep in and I needed that. Finally got caught up on "Pretty Little Liars" which just keeps getting more and more ridiculous.


Monday July 27
I was off today. I met up with on of Andy's friends who happens to work in Papakura. We met at a little cafĂ© for lunch & stayed for about two hours. During this meet up, I was roped into giving a speech next month for Limmud. I'm not a public speaker, like, at all, so this is a bit nerve racking for me..here's to hoping I don't wimp out. I guess the good news is that I can talk about something I'm passionate about so maybe that'll be helpful (with the topic being about taking your Jewish journey one step further.) Try new things, right? Anyway, it was a very nice time, easy conversation, also nice that he's Jewish as well and maybe that'll lead to more Jewish connections. Baked some cookies…I think they were better than the last ones because they are thinner but the family liked the others because they were thicker. Win some, lose some ;)


Tuesday July 28
Worked. It rained like crazy so the bus smelled terrible on the way home from work. We made roasted salad (my fav), baked chicken, & rice with white gravy. They thought I was weird for making rice and not to mention the gravy which they kept calling white sauce. Brown gravy is a thing, how can mine not be a thing as well? Don't they ever have biscuits and gravy?? Well, scones or muffins…I'm not sure what to call biscuits here because that's a cookie.


Wednesday July 29
Worked and made plans for the weekend.


Thursday July 30
Worked and stressed about what to do since I'm off on Friday…I want to go to Waiheke Island ideally. If not there then Mt Eden or One Tree Hill (not to be confused with the show.) We'll see what happens, weather dependent and other stuff. Since I got off early today, I decided to go to the mall by my work finally. I think I might like it than the Sylvia Park mall.

If you're in Auckland, make sure you try this place ;)
 
So…basically I worked a lot, which I am super happy about. My check on Tuesday said I worked 33 hours the previous week! Sorry there's not much to talk about this week. But considering I'm off practically all weekend, I'll hopefully have something more interesting to talk about in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment